Information for authors
Please, prepare the abstract and your paper very carefully.
Paper submission - submission via http://wscgreg.zcu.cz
Papers without a presentation by an author will not be published - proceedings are made AFTER the conference.
We recommend to follow "How to Get your Paper Accepted" hints
Abstracts will be published in the Abstract proceedings and conference attendees will select presentations/sessions according to them. They will have on-line papers available for details as well. The abstracts and on-line full text papers will be available on conference WEB pages before and during the conference for the presenting authors.
How to prepare your paper (excerpt from what is usually requested by reviewers):
- Describe the State of the Art (SoA) - your paper should be understandable without referring only references in principal issues. A reader has to understand recent works and your method/approach and then he/she can go to the referenced resources for details.
- Describe your theory /experiments step by step and show how it can be repeated and verified.
- Include RESULTS and comparisons with competing approaches/methods, evaluate and compare them with your results.
- Include relevant references only and check the on-line relevant repositories for the most recent relevant papers as well. Reviewers will search for relevant references all available resources. If relevant references are not covered in your SoA, the paper will probably gain lower evaluation or might be rejected.
Self-citation should be less 15%.
Reviewers usually search digital libraries first using www.Google.com as <keywords> site:<digital repository>
Check the following sites: Eurographics Digital Library, siggraph.org, IEEE Digital Library, ACM Digital Library,
WSCG Digital Repository and also sites with subscription: scopus.com, webofknowledge.com (ISI Thompson), sciencedirect.com etc.
Match the required paper format as close as possible - reviewers evaluate that as well.
In your anonymous version - number the LINES and pages! Reviewers need that to comment your paper - you will help them and they will be more happy to help you.
In your affiliated version - do NOT number pages nor the lines, pagination will be inserted latter on by editors.
We pre-process the affiliated version of your paper paper to detect problems with the PDF - it will help us to speedup the final versions processing.
Copyright Transfer Form - please, note that a Copyright Transfer Form (CTF) filled in, signed and uploaded is a part of the submission. Without it the paper cannot be sent for a review.
Upload signed CTF as Additional file-2 in the PDF format to WEB server. The original CTF is needed for the legal purposes and you will sign it at the registration desk.
Authors registration - register your personal details as soon as possible - we will keep you updated with information related to this event. Note that your e-mail address is used for identification/communication - avoid aliases etc.
ALL AUTHORS have to be pre-registered with the WSCG server - there is a cross-check made after submission.
SUBMISSION BEFORE REVIEWING
Paper registration and upload - register your paper and the paper title, list of authors, their e-mails and abstract etc. in advance. Do NOT make double registrations of the same paper!
- Upload an abstract of your paper in plain ASCII (TXT) [only ENGLISH characters - use NOTEPAD for copying] format (NO HTML or TEX TAGS, no MsWord text copying) - approx. up to 250 words. Uploaded abstract will be published in the Abstracts Proceedings.
- NOTE that Title of the paper, list of authors, their e-mails and the abstract cannot be changed/modified latter on.
- ALL co-authors should be registered with our database - ask them to make it.
- Authors are responsible for correctness of the upload.
- Download contribution templates:
All papers are carefully anonymously reviewed by the International Program Committee and by the External Review Board members. Usually 3 anonymous reviewers will evaluate each paper.
The submission server can be slow last 2 weeks due to heavy load. Please, count with a slow upload!
Additional file-1 in *.ZIP format [ONLY] - with add-on material (annonymous version). It should be zipped and less 10MB.
Store your files on the server, download your files back and check the correctness of the upload as soon as possible.
Paper types - Full paper (selected will be published in the Journal of WSCG), Communication papers and Posters
- FULL papers - presented papers will be published in the WSCG Full papers proceedings with ISBN.
Limit 10 pages, min.6 pages (preferably 8 pages for a submission) of A4 format. Presentation 15 mins + 5 mins. discussion.
Selected FULL papers will be published in the Journal of WSCG, ISSN 1213-6964
- Short papers - presented papers will be published in theWSCG Short papers proceedings with ISBN.
Limit 10 pages, min.6 pages (preferably 8 pages for a submission) of A4 format. Presentation of Short 10 mins. + discussion
- POSTERS - presented posters will be published in the WSCG Posters proceedings with ISBN.
If you intend to submit a paper directly as a poster, the title of the paper should begin with POSTER: .....
Usually, posters describe on-going not finished projects.
Size 4 pages of A4 format but NOT SHORTER.
Oral presentation (discussion with other attendees) 30 mins. at the poster's area.
A print of A1 potrait format (vertical) of the poster take with you for the presentation (we do not print posters).
The Journal of WSCG and Full, Short and Poster proceedings will sent for indexing/abstracting to ISI (Thompson Reuters), Scopus, INSPEC, IEE, AIMS, INIST and others for citations index and other purposes.
What you should consider before uploading your paper
- Contributions are reproduced directly from the electronic form using PDF version 7 (NOT higher). Therefore, it is necessary to keep the format guidelines as much close as possible.
- Standard A4 format is used - paper sheet 210x297 mm (8,27"x11,69") - portrait style,
margins: left, top, right 25 mm (0,98") , bottom 35 mm (1,38")
PLEASE, CHECK MARGINES and SIZE VERY CAREFULLY.
- The paper should be checked by the Acrobat Reader EUROPEAN/UK version for version 7 - compatibility check - especially if you use Asian or Arabic fonts etc.
All the fonts used must be included in the PDF file (select PDF/A option).
Set the density to 300 or 600 dpi in the Acrobat Option!
- DO NOT LOCK the PDF file for writing, we need to include some text - page numbers etc.
- Please, consult SET_PDF_1.pdf for setting your PDF generator - you can measure distances - use it, please.
- If you use MS WORD
go to OPTIONS/GENERAL/ and select measurement units - Millimeters
go to FILE/PAGE SET UP/Paper - select A4 and apply to WHOLE DOCUMENT,
go to FILE/PAGE SET UP/Margins - select margins required and apply to WHOLE DOCUMENT
- In PDF generation - include all fonts using PDF/A option
- Submitted paper should not exceed 10 MB. Use strictly .pdf uncompressed.
Do not compress is it, please, the upload accepts only PDF uncompressed.
- You can upload additional material as Additional File-1 - [in *.ZIP format only] it must be compressed by ZIP - please, check that there is no virus!
- Additional File-2 is used to store your CTF in PDF - NOT ZIPPED.
Additional information - BUT IMPORTANT
Submission before reviewing
- Do not upload "Extended Abstract" style papers - it will be desk rejected
- The paper should be carefully prepared, formatted according to the WSCG guidelines and checked by a native English speaker if applicable.
- Both versions (affiliated [with names, institutions etc.] and anonymous [without names and institution name etc.]) of the paper should be uploaded before deadline.
- Anonymous version will be sent for reviews.
- Affiliated version is used for checking technical issues that might occur in final proceedings preparation period, formatting etc. This is needed as the time for the final proceedings production is very short.
SUBMISSION FINAL VERSION
Before uploading the FINAL version AFTER REVIEWS
(there are usually some changes required by reviewers or corrections needed)
- You should very carefully follow the reviewers recommendations and make an appropriate changes
- You can upload some additional material that supports your paper as
"Additional File-1" it must be compressed by ZIP
"Additional File-1" will appear on the final conference CD/DVD; expected limit per a paper is approx. 10 MB
- "Additional File-2" - Upload your responses [REBUTTAL] to reviewers comments/requirements as PDF file (not zipped), see TEMPLATE MS WORD orPDF format
Hints for the PDF checking:
PLEASE CHECK THE PAGE SIZE and MARGINES of your paper!
- Options: Page A4 - check in Settings -> job options -> advanced ===> size 210 x 297 mm
- Document security ==> Security method=No, Open password=No, Printing=allowed, Changing documents=Allow, Selecting text=Allow, Adding&Changing=Allow so NO RESTRICTIONS applied
- If you use LATEX etc. make sure that true type fonts are included - instead of raster fonts
When you check the final upload, print your paper - in the printing menu DO NOT ALLOW: Reverse pages, Print as image, Fit to Page and Download (Asian/Arabic etc) Fonts (right button). Make sure that all the used fonts are embedded with the PDF file.
- Do not lock the document! We will need to make small editorial text editing, numbering etc.
- PDF ENGLISH version 7 compatibility is to be used
- Check PDF ENGLISH version 7 compatibility with Acrobat reader. and that all fonts are included
Poster presentation format for print - for presentation
- Format A1 - size 60 (width) x 90 (height) cm - PORTRAIT (vertical) orientation.
DO NOT USE Landscape (horizontal) format 90 (width) x 60 (height) cm.
- PRINT IT and take it with you, or print it on your arrival at the local printing center (in the city center)
Address for communication:
Union Agency - Vaclav Skala
UnionAgency@volny.cz subj.: WSCG 2017
Na Mazinach 9
CZ 32200 Plzen - Radcice
Last update: 2016-10-18 by: Vaclav Skala